Raffle & Casino

Information regarding Raffle & Casino nights

I want to hold a raffle or casino night. What should I do?
You must first obtain a raffle and bazaar permit from the city or town clerk where your event will be held. The clerk will charge you anywhere from $10 to...
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM
My group is conducting a silent auction. Do we need a permit?
No. A silent auction is not a gambling activity. No raffle and bazaar permit is required and no tax is paid to the Lottery Commission.
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM
Is there additional information on the 5% tax for Charitable Gaming?
A 5% tax on gross proceeds of an event must be paid by all groups conducting these activities. This is an excise tax on gambling. Under the law, only non-p...
Wed, May 1, 2024 at 10:52 AM
Can municipal or governmental organizations, such as a conservation commission or a Democratic/Republican town committee, hold a raffle or sponsor a Las Vegas Night?
Commissions, departments, or groups run by local cities and towns, such as recreation or conservation committees or the local library, do not qualify. Howev...
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM
How do we get an Annual Report form?
The law states that this is a form approved by the Department of Public Safety. All city/town clerks should have a supply of these forms and provide them to...
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM
Where should we submit our Raffle and Bazaar Annual Report?
Two copies are to be submitted to the city/town Clerk. The clerk forwards one copy to the Commissioner of Public Safety. If an organization has a Beano lice...
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM
Are there rules concerning raffles?
Yes. They apply if the value of the prize or prizes exceeds $10,000 or the cost of a ticket is more than $10.00. These regulations are put forth by the Atto...
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM